RE: Way cool!

On 30 June 2007 22:53, Robert Pendell wrote:

> Oops.  Sorry.  There is no way to configure Gmail (check the headers
> sometime) so I'm out of luck there but I will try and remember to
> remove the email addresses myself.  I've been doing it and I think I
> only slipped up one other time.  I've asked gmail to add the feature
> before but I'll drop them another line sometime.

  Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot gmail is a PITA.  Never mind, here's something else
to think about:

A. Newton's first law of motion:

-  Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of
motion unless an external force is applied to it.

B. Murphy's law:

-  Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

  Multiply A by B and what do you get?

C. Murphy's corrollary to Newton's first law of motion:

-  Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of
motion unless it sees a chance to really screw things up for you by suddenly
springing into life of its own accord.

  This, to me, is the only satisfactory explanation how you can put a mug of
coffee down a good five centimeters from the edge of the table on a flat
surface and turn and walk away and only several seconds later does it tip over
and spill coffee everywhere.  It probably explains a lot of other so-called
'accidents' too.  Inanimate objects aren't as inanimate as they pretend to be
when we're looking.

    cheers,
      DaveK