FW: Certain files in the system32 directory are not listed

On 07 June 2007 17:55, John Cooper wrote:

> It seems the MKS tools turn off this redirection by default, and
> provides an env variable (TK_WOW64FSREDIR_ON) for enabling it:
> http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man5/envvar.5.asp

  Why do I feel like I've been being beaten around the head with the
stupid-stick?  Some things are just so dumb they actually have negative IQ, if
you get too close to them they suck all the intelligence out of your brain.
This is one of those times:-

"  On 64-bit systems, Windows system files for 64-bit applications are stored
in the $WINDIR/System32 directory. To avoid confusion, the system files for
32-bit applications are stored in the $WINDIR/SysWOW64 directory.  "

  For crying out loud!  <headdesk>  Did you all get that?  To "avoid
confusion", 64-bit executables live in a directory that ends in "32", and
32-bit executables live in a directory that ends in "64".

  Obvious really, I can't imagine *why* I didn't think of that myself.

  Well, "to avoid confusion", I'm now going to break all five of Bill Gates'
fingers.  Meaning all ten.

    cheers,
      DaveK