RE: how crazy...

On 23 May 2007 07:10, Carlo Florendo wrote:

> ...that vista restricts the memory gcc-compiled programs can allocate:
>
> http://www.trnicely.net/misc/vista.html
>
> TJM, aren't they? :)
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Carlo

  You think that's crazy?  I'll tell you what's crazy:

"  The difficulty of finding a suitable alternate development environment is
aggravated by the fact that I need significant support for not only large
memory allocations, but also for the 80-bit long double data type (64-bit
mantissa), 64-bit integers, GMP (the GNU multiple precision library), and the
console support embodied in the conio.h of DJGPP and Borland C. "

  Basically this guy[*] is doing big number crunching using heavy duty
floating point and massive memory allocation, and he's crippling it by running
the whole thing under a DOS extender in a 16-bit VM - and all because he can't
deal with not being able to use getch() when he wants to wait for the user to
"Press any key"!  That's completely deedle-deedle-queep! <points at ear and
rotates finger while boggling eyes and allowing tongue to loll inanely out
corner of mouth>

  WTF!

    cheers,
      DaveK

[*] - and I *do* mean that in the Gag Halfrunt sense of "he's just zis guy,
you know".