Re: FW: Google.com Engineering Recruiting Team

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:56:07PM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
>But what struck me as odd is how the followup caller was able to find my
>contact phone number, at my current place of employment no less;
>especially since I have made it a point to never put my work phone number
>on cygwin-related email (my employer graciously lets me hack on open
>source on my own time, but not company time).  Maybe I should be worried
>about Google's power to find stuff out?  Hopefully I'm not at risk of
>becoming a victim of identity theft based on what else is out there about me?

I had a phone interview at Google before I moved to Netapp (I was
recommended by a gcc developer).  They gave me some computer problems on
the phone which I was supposed to solve and I totally spaced on all of
them.  So, they didn't hire me because I wasn't technical enough.

I find those real-time computer challenges very hard.  I don't work very
well when someone is staring at me, even if the staring is over the
phone...

cgf