Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Fri Mar 17 18:22:00 GMT 2006

    Top o' the mornin' to ye!

  Yes, for all our Irish readers I'd like to wish a very happy St. Pat's
tonight!

  For anyone not familiar with their history books, St. Patrick is the patron
saint of Ireland, famed for having freed the country from a plague of snakes.

  But he's not just a peripatetic reptile exterminator; he was also the first
man to bring Christianity to Ireland.

  Thus leading directly to centuries of murder, bloodshed and internecine
strife.

  ... Say, just exactly why /do/ we celebrate this every year?

;)

    cheers,
      DaveK