RE: Microsoft acquired SysInternals?

On 08 November 2006 14:12, Igor Peshansky wrote:

> Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later...

  The acquisition was some time ago as it happens; it was fairly widely
discussed at the time.

> The surprising thing is
> that they only started redirecting to the Microsoft site yesterday (the
> day before I showed one of my colleagues how to download Process Explorer,
> and it was still the old SysInternals.com site).

  And guess what!  The scumbags have withdrawn all of sysinternals' source
codes, using the bogus 'explanation' that it might cause "integration problems
[...] with other Windows components".  MS is acting like the worst cliched
stereotype of itself.  <spit>

  Never forget, however, that your use of the tools remains governed by the
original sysinternals license, which contained no provisions for transfer or
assignment[*], and not any new "improved" MS licensing terms...

    cheers,
      DaveK
[*] -
http://web.archive.org/web/20050323060844/http://www.sysinternals.com/licensin