Re: Whence the spam/virus filter?

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 03:50:44PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
On 03 November 2006 15:36, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
There have been no fewer than *seven* (no, wait... nine? ten?)
virus-laden messages slip on the list in the past 24 hours. Am I
mis-remembering that we have spam (and /virus/) filters, or are they
letting things through?

I guess mostly I'm checking that someone is working on it, as the rate
of arrival is starting to get ridiculous.

I dropped a note to overseers but I imagine it's the us-uk time zone difference that's meant nobody's seen to it yet.

You really don't have to do this. I notice these things and take steps to correct them. You just add to the spam by being one of the many "helpful" people clamoring to bring it to my attention.

I have had system problems for the last few days which make it hard
to read email but that just means I have to deal with 27 people saying
"HEY!  I JUST NOTICED A VIRUS!" all at once.

I assumed as much (why I didn't say anything until the problem seemed to be getting unpleasant...). Sorry for the noise. (I don't suppose there's anywhere to check if you're already working on something like this?)

Anyway, hope you get your system problems resolved.

--
Matthew
"I don't question your existence -- God" (seen on a church billboard)