Whence the spam/virus filter?

There have been no fewer than *seven* (no, wait... nine? ten?) virus-laden messages slip on the list in the past 24 hours. Am I mis-remembering that we have spam (and /virus/) filters, or are they letting things through?

I guess mostly I'm checking that someone is working on it, as the rate of arrival is starting to get ridiculous.

--
Matthew
"I don't question your existence -- God" (seen on a church billboard)