RE: igncr vs text mode mounts, performance vs compatibility

No no no Korns, you've misunderstood Eric's statement and my question based
thereupon.  Eric made a statement about "those of us who WANT literal \r as
required by POSIX" being able to circumvent the correct,
non-speed-compromised, "do-the-right-thing" behavior that he is
(re-)implementing.  My question was, to paraphrase, "Why would anybody want
the old, broken behavior?"  Seems a bit silly to walk when you can ride,
don't you agree?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle