Re: (Re: Look before posting) (Re: Think before replying)

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 08:08:47PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 24 August 2006 14:00, George wrote:
>
> > Off the top of my head the only other countries I can think of are
> > Singapore and Malaysia, Burma, Cyprus, Jamaica, The Countries Formerly
> > Known as Rhodesia, and Nigeria.  Kenya, I think gained independence
> > after 1947.  Britain also gave up rule of Palestine around that time
> > after the locals started blowing up their buildings.
>
> http://www.britishempire.co.uk/timeline/20century.htm

I should have checked on Google and saved myself the effort, but I went
to school or had friends with people who emmigrated from most of those
countries.  That's the nice thing about the Commonwealth-ish countries:
everyone learns the words to God Save the Queen (catchy tune, actually),
begins their life in an educational institution where the dress code
mandates a blue blazer with insignia, and where most everyone around you
is a really strange foreigner who's ... just like you.  Or, at the very
least, drinks the same beer.

That said, the original poster no doubt had some issues.  Given the
current state of the Indian economy, he should be glad the French or
worse, the Dutch, hadn't colonised his country.

--
George