Re: Rsync over ssh (pulling from Cygwin to Linux) stalls..

Dave Korn wrote:
On 18 August 2006 14:31, Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:

Can anyone from RedHat acknowledge that this arrangement
would be acceptable to them? If so, that would potentially
open the door to any public domain code.

I don't suppose for one second that the RedHat legal team are actually reading this newgroup.

*sip*

:-)

Yeeeeeaah, that was my thought :-)

To answer the question, though, that's the whole point of making a trivial change. My understanding is you can copyright that trivial change, which then covers the entire work, with the exception that the original PD version is still PD. It's a farce, really, but should comply with the letter of the law. :-)

Hmm, is there a list legal<AT>redhat<DOT>com? ;-)

--
Matthew
KATE: Awesome Text Editor