Re: spotting cygwin ml trends

Christopher Faylor wrote:
It seems like this type of email is on the rise:

"<some program in the cygwin distribution> is <describe strange behavior>
since I last updated Cygwin."

<send several messages expressing confusion and consternation>

"Oh, I found the problem.  I had previously done <describe unusual and
hard-to-forget thing>.  When I reverted that, things started working
fine."

I wonder if that's a sign of anything.  It might mean that there is an
increase in people/organizations using cygwin and they are including
stupid instructions to work around real or imagined problems.

There is *NEVER* a shortage of stupid people doing stupid things. :-)

--
Matthew
Warning: This message has not been approved by the FDA.