RE: 1.5.19-4 & snapshot-20060529 : crash when freeing null std::string in dll (resend for attachment renaming)

On 31 May 2006 20:44, mwoehlke wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 31 May 2006 19:29, LenX wrote:
>>> (resend for attachment renaming)
>>
>>   That was completely stupid and pointless.  You spammed the list with
>> 500k of duplicate rubbish just because you wanted to change the names?
>> That's really SOOOOooo worth it for everyone else.  NOT!  FCOL, why didn't
>> you just send a short email listing the new names?
>
> In all fairness, he probably did that because he received a bounce
> notification, just like I did when I posted a .bz2... not from the list,
> but from the over-zealous AV filter of someone *subscribed to* the list
> (say, I thought such bounces were supposed to go to the list admin, not
> the list poster?).

  Yeh, but OTOH the whole thing was 99% binaries, which anyone interested
could build themselves from the source, so it was a real department of
redundancy department situation!

> ...Meaning he failed to pay attention to where the e-mail came from and
> did, as you noted, spam the list with another half MB of attachment. The
> correct response would have been to a: ignore it (what I did), or b:
> send a follow-up suggesting that anyone that didn't get the attachment
> find it via the archives.

  That doesn't help all the people on dialup who already got it twice, though.

  At least I didn't reply to his post and inadvertently quote the entire
tarball in uucode/b64 though.  I've seen that happen!

    cheers,
      DaveK