Re: cygwin + windows update = lock up (W2K SP4)

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 06:30:15PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 03 May 2006 16:59, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:12:02AM +0200, Ludovic Drolez wrote: Once I
>>saw that Dave was on the case and could reproduce the problem at will,
>>I haven't been pursuing every report of this terrifying bug because we
>>actually do have someone investigating it.  I did try running process
>>explorer while also running a cygwin process and did not see the
>>problem.
>
>You very specifically have to bring up the properties page for the
>process and display the "Threads" tab.  It doesn't occur (any more)
>when you just select a process or even when you bring up the other
>properties page tabs.

I'll take your word for it.

Ok.  Let me almost completely retract what I said earlier.

I'm not going to actively try to fix the problem since you are currently
working on it and I see no reason to duplicate effort.

If this scenario involved Corinna and me then we would gratefully let
the other person work on the problem.  I appreciate the fact that you
are looking into this and have no plans on actively looking into the
issue myself.  I may still provide a patch if an idea percolates into my
conscious mind (and, as usual, I have been thinking about this problem),
though.

cgf