log rotation : Cygwin?

For the next 6-12 months, I need to support sshd on a
Windows machine.

Thanks to excellent help on the main list, I've got
syslog-ng running to create a useful sshd.log.  Now I
need to ensure that what looks like it will be around
10 MiB per day of raw sshd.log is managed on this
machine and archived by day, week, month.

So, now I'm looking for a robust log rotation tool.

I'm familiar with newsyslog from *BSD.

My first choice would be to send the logs to a FreeBSD

syslog-ng loghost, but it looks like that will not be
possible for other reasons.

I downloaded the source for newsyslog, but I ran into
a snag.  It uses the PIDFILE to determine how to send
signals to the syslog process.  My syslog-ng on Cygwin

does not have a PIDFILE, and in browsing the syslog-ng

source package briefly I did not see how to create
one.

I looked at the logrotate package from Debian
GNU/Linux, but I get the impression that there is a
lot
of Debian-specific distracting stuff in there, and I'm

not looking forward to figuring it out.

There are some Perl modules and other things out there
to rotate logs, but I fear they will not be as robust
as what I'm familiar with.

I've considered side-stepping the problem by inserting

into a database, but this machine is already running a

database, and I'm not going to have an easy path
trying
 to steal cycles from it.

I'm hoping someone reading this has tackled the log
rotation problem before and might have some advice.

If this ends up being a "how to recompile syslog-ng
question on Cygwin" question, then I suppose maybe it
is a case of Take It To The Main List?

Thank you for your attention and suggestions,

Bryan