Re: service interact with desktop broken between: 1.5.5 & 1.5.19

On a windy Sunday afternoon, the 26th day of March, 2006, Christopher Faylor's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:

> On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:22:21PM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
> >From: "Corinna Vinschen"
> >>There's no 1.5.5 version of cygrunsrv.  cygrunsrv is using its own
> >>numbering scheme, the latest version now is 1.13.  As for the issue,
> >>it's a different handling of the console in case of 1.5.19.  This
> >>requires a change as for the point where to allocate the console
> >>window in case of service applications who need to interact with
> >>the desktop.
> >
> >Yes I was talking core cygwin versions sorry. Thanks for the info
> >about what the issue was hopefully the mirrors will catch up some
> >time this year :) If not I'll just rsync the sources like Igor suggested.
>
> Wonderful.  Here we go:
>
>   From: Ed C. Lueless
>   Subject: How to:  setup.exe/rsync?
>
>   I try to use rsync to install cygrunsrv package but setup.exe won't cygrunsrv
>   the package via rsync.  I see from newsgroup archives that rsync should package
>   correctly.  I'm using the latest setup version 1.13.
>
>   HOw to rsync runcygsrv?  I NEED this package.
>
>   Ed.C.

Better yet: "I rsync ssource to my machine.  Why cygwin not compile
them for me?  I am using CygWin version 2.513".

OAU