FW: gnu make causes reboot

On 11 February 2006 20:41, cc979.uk wrote:

> i've found it to be outpost firewall 3.5.638.6208 (457)
>
> probably one of its filters
>
> after installing outpost, make crashes if i un-install outpost all is ok
>
> and cygwin was ok with outpost 3.0

  LOL.

  Outpost sux0rs.

  I tried installing it on one of my dev boxes once, which had driver verifier
running.

  Outpost didn't even complete the installer before it had fired up a faulty
device driver that overwrote NP pool after freeing it.  Verifier took the
machine down, like it's supposed to.  Every time it rebooted, Outpost's faulty
driver started running again right in the boot devices section, overwrote
freed pool again, and verifier re-bugchecked the machine.  I had to manually
edit it out of the registry in safe mode to get rid of it.

  LOL.

  Outpost sux0rs!

    cheers,
      DaveK