Re: cygwin service not starting

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 01:59:29PM -0800, Will L (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
>Based on the discussion on this thread, I already changed the
>description of the cygwin-talk to reflect Brian Dessent's comment.
>Also, I will suspend Nabble's posting function on this list shortly.
>In the next Nabble release, posting will be restricted to only list
>subscribers.

What is a "list subscriber" in this context?  Are you saying that you
need to register with the list at nabble before posting?  If so, I'm not
sure how that will help.

The basic problem here is that we go to some effort trying to get the mailing
list stuff straightened out so that people use the correct mailing list.  If
you add a new interface which doesn't use any of the words that we use
at http://cygwin.com/lists.html, you *will* be causing us problems.  The problems
are the classic problem of having to maintain two disparate descriptions.  Unless
you have some method to keep the descriptions at nabble up-to-date with the
descriptions at http://cygwin.com/lists.html there will always be a problem
with end-user confusion.

cgf