RE: Dave! (Was Re: Igor!)

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

> > From: Dave Korn
> [snip]
> > > 	Igor
> > > P.S. Eggnog is for wimps -- those from Russia drink vodka and cognac.
> > > :-D
> >
> >   Those of us from England don't even know what 'eggnog'
> > *is*, let alone drink it, but we've heard it's something they
> > have in America.  And we drink agricultural diesel and horse
> > tranquilisers, so there!
> >
> > <g>
> >
> >     cheers,
> >       DaveK
>
> Pfhht, you English and Russians with your girly drinks.  No wonder you
> lost the war.  To wit, I present, the Official Recipie For American Egg
> Nog[1]:
>
> - One fifth cheap vodka.
> - One fifth cheap cognac.
> - One fifth agricultural diesel (not cheap).
> - One fifth horse tranquilizers imported from England or Russia where the
> can still be gotten reasonably cheap.
> - One gallon spoiled milk.
> - One dozen eggs, Grade B or better.
> - One tablespoon Nog.
> - One fifth of your favorite sippin' whiskey (cheap).
> - One fifth cheap Scotch.

Sounds suspiciously like the contents of my stomach after our New Years
party... (well, except for the agricultural diesel, which, as you so
eloquently put, is not cheap).

> Combine all ingredients in large bowl.  No refridgeration required.
> Serve lukewarm at breakfast or whenever you need a "pick-me-up".
> Serves 4-6.

Aye, there's the rub.  We were too lazy to mix it beforehand, so ended up
having it mixed in our stomachs.  To each his own, I guess...
	Igor
P.S. Wasn't that the recipe in the Canadian interpretation? :-)
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"