Serious performance problems (malloc related?)

Carlo Florendo list-subscriber@hq.astra.ph
Thu Jun 2 04:04:00 GMT 2005

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

>Carlo Florendo wrote:
>

>>Can't you teach your mailer to behave?
>>http://www.cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR
>>This has been told to you, IIRC, many times.
>>

>Carlos, the list's own email adresses themselves are of little use to a
>harvester, since, if they are going to be harvesting from a list, they sort
>of by definition already have the list's own address.

Right.  But the point is to CYMTNQREAIYR so that in the future,  REA's
are not printed at all, regardless of what the REA is.

>And if they didn't
>already have it, they'd get it from here:
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2005-q2/.  However, I'll get rid of them
>just this once per your request (though of course I can't remove it from
>that web page, making such an action fairly meaningless).  So don't say I
>never did nothin' for ya.
>
>[snip]
>

>>>In his latest statement on the topic,
>>>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2005-q2/msg00279.html, he mentions
>>>nothing about "fun".
>>>

>>Yes, he doesn't.
>>

>QED.
>
>[snip]
>

>>>Nobody is discussing such posts, not me anyway.  Why do you
>>>

>>and some others
>>

>>>(one other?) believe any of this chronic issue is related to
>>>

>>pointing people
>>

>>>to web pages?  I truly don't follow.
>>>

>>You know why?  Because it's fun.  :)
>>
>>And it helps people to help themselves.  If you don't
>>understand that, I
>>can't imagine what you can?
>>

>I think I've just been maligned.

Ok then.  I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to malign you.

I have to admit though, that this thread is getting more enjoyable.
Thank you Gary  for making it really enjoyable. Thanks for cgf too for
providing cygwin-talk where all these can be talked about as on-topic.

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo