RE: file not working on executables?

----Original Message----

  I think you just won the award for most convoluted double negative of the
year.

  Unless it's a triple negative of course.  I just can't tell!

> Again, I 100% share the notion that text mounts should not be necessary.
> But when even such basic apps as tar get this wrong,

  Tar doesn't get anything wrong.  What you put into it is exactly what you
get back out.

> I simply don't see
> how anybody can realistically entertain the idea that eliminating them
> will somehow solve any problems.

  Never mistake a failure of one's imagination for an insight into
necessity!

    cheers,
      DaveK