RE: Who hasn't been badly flamed?

> From: Christopher Faylor
>
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:36:19PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >[snip]
> >>It is funny sometimes what people consider to be a "flame".
>  Sometimes
> >>people do rude or inconsiderate things which, while lacking any
> >>vituperative language can, nonetheless serve as fodder for an
> >>aggrieved reaction.  The original mailer can fall back on
> "I didn't say anything"
> >>but, in reality, they are just trolls.  I think I'll take a
> good flame
> >>over a troll any day.
> >
> >Hookay, let's just save this one up for future use, shall we?  ;-)
>
> Huh?  Are you taking something in the above personally?

No.

> Gary, I can tell you with 100% sincerity that the only thing
> in my message that was related to you was the direct response
> to a question about you.
>
> When I wrote the above, I was actually thinking about some
> experiences that I've had in a past work environment.
>
> Or, maybe:
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2005-q3/msg00326.html
>
> cgf

No Chris, you've misunderstood my comment.  I know a guy who does exactly
what you describe on a periodic basis[1].  Sometimes it sounds like he
doesn't even realize he does it, though I'm pretty sure he does.  At any
rate, by "save this one up for future use", I simply meant that, should the
opportunity present itself, showing him your exposition may be instructive
and/or informative to him.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
[1] I think; I still don't know what "vituperative" means.  I gotta buy