Re: /dev/null [Was: xargs still nok?]

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 05:32:02PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Sep  8 11:23, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>
>>><http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#id4676548>.
>>
>>And, then there's always this ancient thread:
>>
>>http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/threads.html#00114
>
>What?  Asking people to read the mailing list archive?  That's even
>more heartless!

I know we set a pretty high bar for people, expecting them to actually
know cygwin before offering advice.  It does seem cruel to make them
read documentation and past discussions before they start making
definitive statements about how things work.

It may even be un-American! Don't we guarantee the right to free speech?
How do we dare try to censor someone by suggesting that they should
educate themselves?

cgf