Re: Who hasn't been badly flamed?

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 01:26:59PM +0100, zzapper wrote:
>Oh come on chaps & chapesses let's hear a few anecdotes here!
>
>What Usenet msg would u have most liked to have not sent!
>
>(why isn't there a 5 minute cooling off button?)

I hate to say it but I don't remember ever being really flamed.

I do remember being treated with some inexplicable hostility when I
offered to host the zsh mailing list and cvs repository once when they
were having problems.  Maybe it was because I had a 'redhat.com' email
address at the time.

I have done roughly what you describe, though.  I've sent email without
doing the proper amount of research.  Usually, I think I've done the
research and someone will say "Well, did you try X" where "X" is
something completely obvious that I really should have thought of.

cgf