RE: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)

Yes, I do.  He doesn't.

> And I'm not sure where you get the "manifesto" or "rationalization"
> from.

You read the missive, right?  Allow me to summarize: "My copious
contributions to the Cygwin project are my license to behave as childishly
and abusively as I see fit."  That's what's called rationalization.

>  I thought it was neat that he could summarize so well
> his tendency to direct people toward acting in their own best
> interests, which is what is jokingly referred to as being
> "mean".

I thought the cool part was where he said, "Jeez, I *am* an inexplicable
jerk way too often.  I'm going to change my behavior so I don't have to
apologize to people so often."

Oh, right, he didn't say that.

>  I understand that you don't get the joke, but do you
> have to show so repetitively that you don't get it?

Why would Chris feel the need to apologize for a "joke"?

But the topic of this sub-thread here is OCLA hyperlinks.  What do you think
of my idea that this really belongs as a link under the "CGF" heading?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle