Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 10:48:30PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>And as long as I'm here and this is the correct venue for such ponderings
>(at least according to Chris today),

and on multiple other occasions... ...and at least once by Corinna...

>one has to wonder out loud: Why does Chris purporedly not care what
>people think of him, yet go to such great lengths to rationalize his
>behavior to those very same people?  And then apologize for it in yet
>other posts?

My apology in the cygwin list came after my response to Ed, when I
subsequently realized that FlightGear was not a commercial entity asking
for free technical support -- as I had been implying.  I'm sorry that my
meandering email somehow gave you the idea that not caring what some
people thought about my email style would equate to never offering an
apology when I think I've done something wrong.  That is not the case.

I don't think I have been sending many meandering rationalizations about
my behavior but, thanks for the heads up.  I'd already made a vow to
myself not to do that again any time soon but your observation has
reinforced my resolve.

That is not to say that I won't defend myself if the need arises but
I'll try to forego any further meandering explications of my personal
philosophy even if they do seem to be de rigueur for free software
project leads these days.

Hmm.  Maybe I need a blog.

cgf