Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 09:07:11AM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 12:04:24PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 01:24:31PM +0200, Vaclav Haisman wrote:
>> >PS: I think that cgf should really try to improve his PR skills.
>>
>> "PR"?  I am not really interested in public relations.  If you don't
>> like the way I communicate, just delete my email.  It's pretty simple.
>
>We could make this easy for people by providing a cgf-free version of
>the list.  But to avoid disciminating specifically against cgf, it
>should also filter out anyone who volunteers to be placed in the same
>boat.  I, for one, volunteer.

Maybe there should be some kind of discriminator though.  In order to be
excluded from the WJM-free list, you first have to spend 10+ hours a
week working on cygwin and 2-5 hours a week working on sourceware.org,
updating software, improving spam filters, implementing virus blocks,
improving performance, and responding to "I try unsubscribe, you suck,
free software suks" and the "my mail bounce.  I not spammer." messages.
And, you have to be in the top twenty posters for sending email to
sourceware.org lists, answering the majority of email with helpful
directions.

You should also support 10+ cygwin packages, monitor the gcc, gdb,
binutils, and crossgcc mailing lists for windows problems and monitor
the majority of other sourceware.org lists for spam or mailing list
administrative problems.

Oh, and you'll also need a couple of groupies who respond with over the
top and inappropriate references to your psychology and upbringing
whenever they see an opening to give vent to their repetitive
vindictiveness.

Anyone who did all of those things would clearly be a terrible person
and you should avoid any and all contact with them.  So, I think your
list idea is a good one but I'd make sure that only the truly deserving
were excluded from it.  You are a nice guy who provides a valuable
service to cygwin but, I'm sorry, I just don't think you're evil enough
to qualify.

cgf