how does mailx work

Hello,

I've searched the net for mailing lists regarding mailx but there seems to be none. Then why ask about it in cygwin-talk? Well, since it is off-topic on the cygwin list and I might as well try my luck here, where all of you are intelligent.

Here's the question: How does mailx know which MX to use? I've got a linux box with the hostname test.mybox.org. Now, whenever I invoke "mail <user>@mybox.org", it delivers the mail to <user>'s mailbox in the local machine. How come it thinks that mybox.com is the local machine? The local machine is test.mybox.org but *not* mybox.org.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo