Re: bash/fork problem on Win server 2003 with terminal serve

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 04:05:35PM +0100, Lionel B wrote:
>"Christopher Faylor" wrote...
>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 03:26:25PM +0100, Lionel B wrote:
>> >"Corinna Vinschen" wrote...

>> >Errrm... is that:
>> >
>> >(A) "No, it hasn't fixed the problem"
>> >
>> >or
>> >
>> >(B)  "No, that is not correct, it has fixed the problem"?
>>
>> I don't really understand the confusion.  You asked "Is that correct?"
>> Corinna said "No".
>
>Riiiiight ...  let's see now.  So my statement "the fix doesn't appear
>to have made it into the 1.5.15-1 release" is *not* correct...  so the
>fix *did* make it into the release after all.  That's strange, because
>I downloaded it, tried it and came to the conclusion that, since I
>still appeared[1] to have the same problem, the fix probably[1]
>*hadn't* made it into the release.  Now I'm *really* confused.
>
>[1] I thought it conceivable that the fix might have been "un-fixed" by
>some other change, or that I could even be experiencing a different
>problem.  Hence my mailing the list for confirmation.

Sorry.  I must have missed the part where you mentioned that you'd downloaded
1.5.15, tried it, found that the problem was still there despite having been
fixed in a snapshot, and provided cygcheck output along the guidelines at
http://cygwin.com/problems.html .

I guess both Corinna and I missed the fact that you'd already downloaded
the latest version since we both assumed you were waiting for someone to
answer your question before downloading.  I wonder how we got that
impression?