Re: Problem running cygrunsrv with non SYSTEM accounts

On Jan 18 11:28, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > In case of the quoting kind I'm under the impression you like "FU".
> > Sorry to say that but I hate(*) reading your replies since they are
> > very often 160 lines quote and 3 lines reply.
>
> Hmm, shouldn't it be "FO" in my case, though? ;-)

Ugh, yes, sure.  Sorry 'bout that ;-)

> , I err on the side of caution.
> Besides, I view this as a necessary evil on the Cygwin list, where
> threading is broken so often that unless there's enough context left,
> nobody will have any idea what the message is about.

I am sure it's not necessary, even on the Cygwin ML.  The threading isn't
broken as often as on various other mailing lists (especially on two
Yahoo ML I'm subscribed to).  It takes a couple of seconds to snip
away the unnecessary stuff from a reply and I'm absolutely sure that
it does good to the reply itself as well as the ML in general.

> > Why not introduce it for further using?  Using the TOFU acronym is
> > very common at least in german MLs and NGs and it's right on the spot.
>
> I thought the acronym was supposed to be *against* TOFU?..  We can refer
> to the definition of TOFU from there, though...

Heh.  I wrote the TOFU *acronym* is used a lot.  That's a necessary
evil since also in german NGs the number of Outlook users is going
towards infinity :-P

Corinna