This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH]setup.exe passwd-grp.bat being created when not needed
- From: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: 19 Feb 2002 11:41:11 +1100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]setup.exe passwd-grp.bat being created when not needed
- References: <002801c1b8d0$0042a300$f400a8c0@mchasecompaq>
On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 09:59, Michael A Chase wrote:
> Currently /etc/postinstall/passwd-grp.bat is opened before the need for it
> is determined. This results in the file always being executed even though
> it is normally empty. This patch may eliminate the flashing console window
> at the end of setup.exe when no action is expected.
> I left the iostream::mkpath_p() call at the top of the function to make sure
> /etc/postinstall/ always exists after make_passwd_group() is called. This
> appears to be the only place the directory is created explicitly.
> Sorry for the separate patches. The two issues are independent and I didn't
> notice this until I'd already sent the previous patch. The patches may be
> combined if you wish.
Actually, I prefer separate patchs - it's easier to pick n choose.