This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: [MinGW-patches] Patch for GPROF runtime on Win32
- From: Danny Smith <danny_r_smith_2001 at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- To: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:24:08 +1100 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Fwd: [MinGW-patches] Patch for GPROF runtime on Win32
--- Christopher Faylor <email@example.com> wrote: > On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at
07:22:38PM +1100, Danny Smith wrote:
> >This patch was submitted for mingw runtime. It may also be applicable to
> >cygwin. Any comments (apart from formatting)?
> >Here is the Changelog entry:
> >2002-01-22 Pascal Obry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * profile/profil.h (PROFADDR): Cast idx to unsigned long long to
> > avoid overflow.
> > * profile/gmon.c: Define bzero as memset if mingw32.
> > (monstartup): Use it.
> Is this part of the sources in winsup?
Pascal's patch is against files in mingw SF CVS but the same files exist
in winsup/mingw/profile _and_ in winsup/cygwin. In winsup the cygwin and
mingw versions differ slightly, but except for copyright date, most of the
diffs are guarded by ifdef __MINGW32__.
The mingw versions have this comment:
* This file is taken from Cygwin distribution. Please keep it in sync.
* The differences should be within __MINGW32__ guard.
Hence my original question. Even if I do not apply Pascal's patch it may
be a good idea to resync the two versions.
http://my.yahoo.com.au - My Yahoo!
- It's My Yahoo! Get your own!