Re: winpty injection

Hi,

Am 06.04.2018 um 12:31 schrieb Johannes Schindelin:
Hi Thomas,

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018, Thomas Wolff wrote:

These symptoms suggest to me: winpty is not the culprit, but its
presence in the invocation chain seems to trigger the effect in a yet
unclear way.
Sure, `winpty` is not the culprit.
Actually, as it turns out, winpty *is* the culprit. I've raised winpty issue https://github.com/rprichard/winpty/issues/140 about it.
But running certain software (such as Maven) through `winpty` is *not* as unproblematic as we would want.

Therefore, it would make sense *not* to make it the default. Unless you
have a really good strategy in mind how to communicate this change to
users in a way that lets them know about this issue and how to work around it.
Assuming, we're getting winpty tweaked as to the above issue, any further concerns?
Cheers
Thomas