Re: MSYS mode (continue)

On 7/25/2013 2:20 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:
This isn't relevant.  The idea is to have a different crt0.o which
allows to get the MSYS specific functionaily by building an application.
against it.  This does not reduce the necessity to patch applications
which require special functionality like a DOS-path-resistant make.

Ah, but you're assuming that the app itself is *recompiled* so that it
links a different crt0.o.  I interpreted your statement:
     "The advantage being that the executable could run in
      an MSYS and a Cygwin environment, whatever it happens
      to be dropped into."
to mean "the exact same binary".  That misunderstanding is what led to
most of the confusion below.

My point is, I don't think *that* would work, for all the reasons I
detailed.

Wait, ignore the rest of the previous message. I think I get where you're going now, but I'll need to think on it some more.

Going to be AFK for a day or so, tho...

--
Chuck