Re: utility to update existing cygwin symlinks to native format? (was Re: native symlink)

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 04:49:33PM -0700, James Gregurich wrote:

>On Apr 29, 2013, at 4:45 PM, "Larry Hall (Cygwin Developers)"  wrote:
>
>> On 4/29/2013 6:04 PM, James Gregurich wrote:
>>> I have not gotten a response to this question yet. I'd like to get into
>>> a  position to roll this version of cygwin out so that we can use it daily and
>>> look for glitches, but I do need the ability to upgrade existing symlinks
>>> before that is feasible. Is there an answer to my question?
>>
>> You'll have to wait until Corinna returns from vacation at least for the
>> answer to whether or not this has been done already.  I can't say if
>> you've inspired Corinna (or someone else) to implement this for you.
>> If not, you may have to create your own utility for this part.
>
>ok. thanks for the info
>
>The utility that I wrote for myself depends upon an exposed API
>function in path.cc since all the logic to handle the internal format
>of the cygwin symlink file is contained in path.cc.  I could easily
>write one for myself if such a function were exposed as a public API.
>I'd just need the specs to use the call.

If you're asking "Did Corinna write a utility to do this?" the answer
is extremely likely to be "No" since she would have mentioned it if
she had.

If you're asking "Will Corinna write a utility to do this?" I suspect
that the answer is likely also "No".