Re: 64 bit news

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 21:24:49 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> The binary toolchain contains libbfd, libintl and libiconv now to be
> able to build dumper.exe.  The downside is, it doesn't work.  The Linux
> cross ld crashes when trying lo link dumper, because glibc detects a
> call to free() with an invalid pointer, somewhere in bfd code.  Strange
> enough, it works to build dumper with the native toolchain.  If anybody
> has fun trying to track down the problem, I'd be grateful for any help.

Hmm, I had no problem cross-compiling dumper from i686-cygwin.  I
suppose the question is, how exactly did you build libintl?  You
probably recall that correctly cross-compiling gettext-runtime requires
predefining a bunch of cache variables, as done in Ports[1].

Yaakov

[1]
http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/cygwin64-gettext;a=blob;f=cygwin64-gettext.cygport;h=56ac276;hb=HEAD