Re: Seeking developer to assist with adding OpenAFS Reparse Tag Support to Cygwin

> Btw.  The right thing to do here is not to tweak stat or any other API
> call.  The right thing to do is to fix symlink_info::check_reparse_point
> to recognize the AFS reparse point and treat it as a symlink, just like
> the IO_REPARSE_TAG_SYMLINK and IO_REPARSE_TAG_MOUNT_POINT types.
> The returned path should be a Cygwin-compatible POSIX path pointing to
> the real file.  In your above example, Cygwin's ls should handle
> ti.exe as a symlink to the AFS file.

Corinna,

There are two issues here.

1. Adding support for AFS Reparse Tag Data.

2. Fixing Cygwin to do the right thing for other file systems that
   Cygwin does not recognize.

I already have rough code that adds the AFS Reparse Tag Data.  Although
it has neither been compiled nor tested.

I haven't looked at the second issue.  I have simply been describing it
as the motivation for wanting to do the first.

Jeffrey Altman