Re: Seeking developer to assist with adding OpenAFS Reparse Tag Support to Cygwin

> Did you look into the code?  Cygwin doesn't use WIn32 functions to
> access the file system.  It uses the underlying native NT functions.

As you know, Win32 functions are thin wrappers on the Nt functions.  The
behavior exhibited by Cygwin is the same.  Either Cygwin is replicating
the behavior of the Win32 functions or the choice of always accessing
the reparse point information is provided by the Nt functions.

For someone with a working build environment and a debugger it would be
fairly simple to step through the code.  I'm not yet at the point of
having a working Cygwin build environment.

While I am not 100% sure, I suspect the issue is that the attribute
information returned from NtQueryDirectoryFile is used (minus the
removal of the FILE_ATTRIBUTE_REPARSE_POINT flag).  What needs to happen
is that when the FILE_ATTRIBUTE_REPARSE_POINT flag is removed the target
object must be opened and the FILE_STANDARD_INFO and FILE_INTERNAL_INFO
must be obtained.

Jeffrey Altman