Re: Latest 64 bit test stuff on sourceware

On Feb 17 10:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 16 22:47, Ken Brown wrote:
> > On 2/16/2013 5:17 PM, Peter Rosin wrote:
> > >3. The config.status scripts generated by the configure scrips
> > >I have tested are not working (all Makefiles end up empty), but
> > >I suspect that's some issue between autoconf and dash. So far it
> > >has worked to run ./config.status from plain old non-64-cygwin
> > >between configure and make.
> >
> > I made a first attempt to build emacs.  I had the same problem as
> > Peter with all Makefiles being empty.  In addition, the configure
>
> Yup, confirmed.  Looks like a gawk thingy.

Baaaaaad bug in Cygwin.  The ReadFile OS function expects a pointer to
a DWORD variable (always 4 byte) to return the number of bytes read.
Cygwin provides a pointer to a size_t variable (4 bytes on i686, 8 bytes
on x86_64).  Given the lots of scenarios in which this core function
is used, it's a miracle that other applications worked at all.

I'm curious how many of these little buggers still lurk in the code...

Anyway, I just applied a fix for the above problem.  I'm going to look
into the mktime issue and then I'll upload a new base package soon.