Re: RFC: Cygwin 64 bit?

On 8/7/2011 03:36, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> They said that about Win9x, but they're still around :)
>
> Watch your attributions: that quote came from Brendan Conoboy.  But,
> regardless, your response doesn't make much sense.  We didn't create a
> cygwin9x directory for Windows 9x and we didn't change the mount point
> for cygwin for Cygwin 1.7.

OK, but Win9x still lying around comes from my personal experience.

Most programs that were built under Cygwin 1.5 kind of still work when
used under Cygwin 1.7, so no need for a separate cygwin9x. I don't see
how that will apply to 64bit Cygwin interacting with 32bit DLLs unless
some special loader tricks are applied.