Re: RFC: Cygwin 64 bit?

> On Jun 28 16:18, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Furthermore, on x64, there will only be one ncurses library and it will
>> support the wide interface (in addition to the narrow one).  E.g.
>> (64)ncurses will be a 64bit version of (32)ncursesw.
>
> Erm... btw., is there a way to say in less then 100 words why ncursesw
> can't be ncurses on 32 bit?

If you can copy cygncursesw* onto cygncurses* without breaking anything,
then I can make this happen without too much trouble.

If you can't, then...the only way to do it would be Yet Another DLL
Version Bump, and then we slowly wait for folks to undo their existing
-I/usr/include/ncursesw stuff...

The reason we currently have two, is simply historical hesitation on my
part -- I didn't want to "break" existing (narrow) apps, and just wasn't
sure we could deploy ncursesw as THE ncurses.  Now, I'm less worried,
but we (are/might be) a little bit stuck.

--
Chuck