Re: RFC: Cygwin 64 bit?

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 22:16 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Also, I don't see a reason to disallow running non-distro 32 bit Cygwin
> apps on a 64 bit system.  Why does Linux allow it?  Why should this be
> a non-issue for Cygwin?

Where are they in the first place?  On Linux, there are many binary-only
packages available on the web, most of which are 32-bit only.  I have
yet to see a single one of those for Cygwin.  Who provides binary
packages for Cygwin except for a few of us maintainers with external
repos, which could just as well support both (Ports certainly would) or
even be part of the distro itself if we changed how the distro was
managed.

Yaakov