Re: Utilize reparse points for symlinks

On Sep 25 10:13, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 23 September 2010 16:26, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I don't know if Microsoft assigns a reparse tag if the project
> > using it isn't an IFS. ÂThat's something I'd have to ask first.
>
> Also, are any conditions that Microsoft attach to the use of these
> tags compatible with the GPL?

I'm not aware of any conditions, other than to provide a mail address so
that other filter driver developers can contact you if there are interop
problems with your filter driver.  I don't see how this could affect the
GPL.  We don't even provide a filter driver.

> > (*) http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ifskit/reparse.mspx
> >
> > Â ÂBtw., this page contains a hint to a "publicly-viewable database",
> > Â Âbut no link to it. ÂI neither found it via google nor via MSDN search.
> > Â ÂDoes anybody know how to find it?
>
> I couldn't find anything either. Perhaps it's in the IFS kit (which
> apparently is only available as part of the 600MB Windows Driver Kit
> download).

I have the WDK installed, but I didn't find any such database so far.