Re: 1.7.1 release date?

[not for Corinna, still working out - should we use private mail?]

Andy Koppe wrote:
2009/12/2 Thomas Wolff:
It should be:
LANG=${LC_ALL:-${LC_CTYPE:-${LANG:-C.UTF-8}}}

I don't think it should copy LC_ALL or LC_CTYPE to LANG. Copying LC_CTYPE in particular is problematic, because LANG affects all locale categories, whereas LC_CTYPE of course only affects the encoding.

Ergo: export LANG=${LANG:-C.UTF-8}
The preference to use LANG for *setting* is agreed, however, it must be set to the proper value,
and the proper value is the one given in the expression above, because if someone decides to customize cygwin.bat by using LC_ALL or LC_CTYPE, that's
overriding and needs to be used rather than just LANG to make it consistent with setlocale().
The only alternative would be the (more complex) approach to check all three variables and maybe change only the highest-priority one of them, or all that are set, but at least one... Doesn't seem to be too nice.

I've got no idea about tcsh syntax.
I'll find that out once we're settled about the variable(s) and value.

Thomas