Re: Console codepage setting via chcp?

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 07:31:41PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Sep 23 18:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
The only downside from my point of view is that the user has to know the
codepage numbers.  But these are already documented in the Cygwin docs
so that shouldn't be much of a problem.  Maybe we could also create our
own tool to switch the codepage, which takes a charset name and translates
it to the corresponding codepage.

We could call it setfont, just as on Linux.

I'm glad to see that Andy Koppe is on this list. I'd be interested in his opinion on this.

What you're proposing makes sense to me, Corinna, but I have to admit that
my eyes have always glazed over when it comes to codepage stuff.

Everyone with eyes glazed over, please raise your hand.

Andy, put your hand down! ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746