Re: [RFC] libgfortran dll i/o redirection lossage caused by order-of-termination issue

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:38:04AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Jul 29 05:29, Dave Korn wrote:
>>> 1- Ship it!  Commit it as it stands, dll_global_dtors is idempotent so it
>>> doesn't matter if it gets called again during ES_GLOBAL_DTORS.
>>>
>>> 2- Remove ES_GLOBAL_DTORS, because we believe that the outcome of the various
>>> standards is that dtors only get run if you exit() and not if you _exit() or
>>> abort().
>>>
>>> 3- ????
>>>

>>>   I guess we ought to look at #2, but that's going to require a bunch more
>>> testing.
>> That should be the right thing to do, given the semantics of _exit.
>> The fflush calls in the dtors of the fortran lib is a fine example.
>
> I agree that #2 seems like the direction we should be moving in.  However,
> if Dave doesn't have time to do more testing then maybe we should just go
> with #1 for 1.7.1?

  I got knocked off the air for most of the day yesterday by a corrupted
registry hive(*), but I managed to get that built.  How about I run some
testsuites over the weekend and we'll see if anything anomalous crops up, and
make a decision on Monday?

    cheers,
      DaveK
--
(*) - Thanks a bunch, Jetico Personal Firewall!