Re: More: [1.7] packaging problem? Both /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib/ are non-empty

On May 13 19:24, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On May 13 13:10, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Yes.  Trivial change.
> > [...etc...]
>
> Btw., while we're at it.
>
> I'm starting to doubt that the idea of the base-cygwin package to add a
> script to /etc/profile.d to copy the HKCU mount points from an old
> Cygwin 1.5 installation really makes sense.  I'm wondering what this all
> might break.  Talking about /usr/bin and /usr/lib mounts, for
> instance...
>
> Maybe we should simply get rid of that and tell the user to create
> former user mount points manually?

I converted the /etc/profile.d/user-fstab.sh script to a simple helper
script /bin/copy-user-registry-fstab.  This can be called by every user
manually.  I think that's more safe than an automatism.  I also updated
the documentation accordingly.  I'll upload the new base-cygwin package
and the new docs when I upload cygwin-1.7.0-48.  I would just like to
have the few points discussed which I raised in
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2009-05/msg00072.html