Re: More: [1.7] packaging problem? Both /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib/ are non-empty

On May 12 23:02, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:41:16AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Ok, here's another patch.  [...]
>
> Wouldn't it be better to check entries as fstab is being parsed rather
> than rescan the whole table a second time?  It seems like just adding a
> couple of strcmp's as in add_itm would be all that you need.

Fine with me.

> Also, since mount already has a force entry maybe this option should
> be called "override" instead.  And, I agree with Eric that calling this
> "read-only" is confusing.  It doesn't mean what you'd expect if you have
> an idea of a similar option from linux.

Yes, I had already changed that locally.  Really, I have no strong
opinion for the exact words.  I would just like to have this sorted out
the way we discussed it.

> With those ideas in mind, I present my variation of your patch.
>
> I've called what we do with '/' "immutable".  An immutable mount setting
> needs to be overridden with an "override" option.
>
> I've also marked all of the automatic mounts with a ",auto" to make it
> clear that Cygwin is creating them automatically.  I also added this
> to cygdrive mounts.

fillout_mntent shouldn't do that.  "auto" and "immutable" are internal
flags, not valid mount options.  If fillout_mntent adds them to mnt_opts
they will be printed by mount(1), which is not a good idea if you use
the `mount -m' command to generate an /etc/fstab output.

> Oh, and one additional thing that I did was allow the use of -o nouser
> as a mount option.  Was there a reason why we disabled that for 1.7?

Yes.  The nouser option doesn't make sense for the mount command because
you can't override a nouser mount point with the mount command anyway.
Every mount point created by mount is a user mount point.

With these two changes, I'm quite happy with your patch and the choice
of the wording.

Thanks,