Re: More: [1.7] packaging problem? Both /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib/ are non-empty

On May 12 05:54, Eric Blake wrote:
> According to Corinna Vinschen on 5/12/2009 3:41 AM:
> > It adds a "force" option to /etc/fstab and the mount command.  The root
> > mount point is marked as R/O.  Only if the "force" flag has been specifed,
> > the new entry will override the default setting.
>
> I found this a bit confusing - does MOUNT_RO imply that the mount location
> is unchangeable, or that the directory tree is being mounted as a
> read-only volume?  (Obviously the former, but hopefully you can see my
> conundrum).  After all, we want to be able to modify files accessible
> under /.  How about we pick a better term so as not to confuse users:

I just used the MOUNT_RO option available for ages, but unused.  There's
no reason to add a R/O dir tree below a CYgwin mount point above and
beyond what the OS defines.  The user doesn't actually see this option and
the source code has comments to explain what happens so there's no much
chance to be confused, IMHO.