Re: More: [1.7] packaging problem? Both /usr/bin/ and /usr/lib/ are non-empty

According to Corinna Vinschen on 5/12/2009 3:41 AM:
> It adds a "force" option to /etc/fstab and the mount command.  The root
> mount point is marked as R/O.  Only if the "force" flag has been specifed,
> the new entry will override the default setting.

I found this a bit confusing - does MOUNT_RO imply that the mount location
is unchangeable, or that the directory tree is being mounted as a
read-only volume?  (Obviously the former, but hopefully you can see my
conundrum).  After all, we want to be able to modify files accessible
under /.  How about we pick a better term so as not to confuse users:

> +     The entry is R/O, unless the "force" option is given in /etc/fstab. */

The entry is fixed in location, unless the "force" option is given in
/etc/fstab.

> +	  /* Don't allow to override R/O mount points unless the "force"
> +	     option has been specified. */
> +	  if ((mount[i].flags & MOUNT_RO))

/* Don't allow overriding fixed mount points unless the "force" option has
been specified.  */
if ((mount[i].flags & MOUNT_FIXED))

> +  if ((flags & (MOUNT_RO | MOUNT_FORCE)) == (MOUNT_RO | MOUNT_FORCE))

if ((flags & (MOUNT_FIXED | MOUNT_FORCE)) == (MOUNT_FIXED | MOUNT_FORCE))

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net